ORIENTAL – TRIBAL FUSION BELLYDANCE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
“Oriental Expression Awards” is an Institution that organizes Dance Competitions, aiming at not just promoting traditional and modern dance trends and techniques, but also at rewarding all those who serve the art of Dancing and always strive for the best.
5th Spring International Bellydance Competition
SUNDAY 22 March 2020
Art Space “Anna & Maria Kalouta” (Timokreontos 6A, Neos Kosmos)
“Oriental Expression Awards” organizes the 5th International Bellydance Competition, featuring the Oriental Superstar Diana Gnatchenko and the Greek Tribal Fusion Star, Eva Chantzichristou. The Competition is open to Dancers of all levels (Beginners, Advanced and Professional) from Greece and Abroad. It features all styles of Oriental dance (Folklore and Modern) as well as Tribal Fusion Bellydance. Mrs Anna Dimitratou is the Artistic Director and President of the Committee, alongside with internationally acclaimed teachers and dancers. The Competition will take place on Sunday 22nd of March 2020 at “Anna & Maria Kalouta” ArtSpace (Timokreontos 6A, N. Kosmos).
Registrations Deadline: February 28th, 2020
|1. ORIENTAL (FOLKLORE AND MODERN STYLE)
|2.TRIBAL FUSION BELLYDANCE
A. SOLO CATEGORY
· Tribal Teen Star of the Year 2020
· Tribal Rising Star of the Year 2020
· Tribal Star of the Year 2020
|A. SOLO CATEGORY
· Bellydance Kid Star of the Year 2020
· Bellydance Teen Star of the Year 2020
· Bellydance Rising Star of the Year 2020
· Bellydance Star of the Year 2020
Age limit: 18 years old and above
· Drum Solo Star of the Year 2020
Age Limit: 18 years old and above
· Bellydance Folklore Star of the Year 2020
· Lady Star of the Year 2020
· Fantasy-Fusion Bellydance Star or the Year 2020
Age Limit: 16 years old and above
|B. GROUP CATEGORY
Bellydance Group of the Year 2020
· Fantasy-Fusion Bellydance Group of the Year 2020
|C. GROUP CATEGORY
Tribal Group of the Year 2020
|D. GROUP CATEGORY: Duet of the Year 2020
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Presentation time limit: 2 minutes (Beginners και Advanced)
- 3 minutes (Professional level and Group category)
- Contestants dance separately with the respective music of their own choice.
In case of an increased number of participants, there will be SEMIFINALS. For the purpose of Semifinals, the Organizers will provide contestants with a specific music track. Participants with the six highest scores at the Semifinals will present their choreography with their own music, individually, to the Judge Panel.
- Props (fan veils, saidi sticks, veils etc.) are allowed only in Advanced and Professional Categories. In the Beginners category the ONLY props allowed are veils.
- Groups consist of two(2 dancers and more .
- In Groups there can be an age exception for one participant
- Participation of the teacher/choreographer is not allowed in the Group Category
- Beginner costumes allowed are oriental/tribal costume or leggings, bustier and bellydance/ tribal waist scarf.
- Music tracks must be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 3rd of March, 2020.
Tracks that exceed the aforementioned time limit will not be accepted.
- Participants are not allowed to enroll in solo categories of different levels (Beginners, Advanced and Professional). Multiple participations are allowed in a solo category of a certain level, group and open level categories.
- Participants are responsible for their personal belongings.
RESULTS – WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT
- The Winners announcement is made right after the end of the Competition, in a special ceremony where all winners are awarded Medals, Prizes and distinctions.
- The Results of the Competition as well as the detailed scores for each participant will be posted PUBLICLY at orientalexpressionawards.gr. A personal code will be sent to each participant by e-mail, along with the Certificate of Participation. Each participant will use the unique personal code in order to identify his/her rank amongst the other participants.
THE JUDGES PANEL
Participants are judged by an extensive Committee that consists of well-known teachers, choreographers and dance experts. The PRESIDENT of the Committee is Mrs. Anna Dimitratou, and the Honorable Judges are the Oriental Superstar Diana Gnatchenko and the Greek Tribal Fusion Star, Eva Chantzichristou.
- ANNA DIMITRATOU: Creative Director of Artistic Studio Oriental Expression, Bellydance and Bollywood Teacher, performer and choreographer
- DIANA GNATCHENKO: World Famous Oriental Superstar, dancer, Bellydance teacher and choreographer.
- EVA CHANTZICHRISTOU: World Famous Greek Tribal Fusion Star, dancer, teacher and choreographer.
- OSAMA MIMI FARAG: World Famous Oriental dance teacher, dancer and choreographer.
- YARA DAGHER: Bellydance performer and teacher, Oriental Costume Designer, Judge in oriental competitions, choreographer and owner of the Fuente Dance Studio.
- NELLY GLIKIOTI: Performer, master teacher and choreographer. Organizer of “Orient Cyprus International Bellydance Festival”
- FENIA BOTSI: Performer, teacher and choreographer of Tribal Fusion and Latin, founder “Con-fusion Troupe”
- SAMIRA MASREYA: Performer, teacher and choreographer of Bellydance, founder “Bellyhood”
- NTIA PILATOU: International Bellydancer and teacher, Dance School owner and organizer of “Venus” Festival.
- KALYPSO : Performer, teacher and choreographer of Tribal Fusion , co-organizer of “Ignis Fest”, founder of “Amaroses Troupe”, “Somnia Troupe”
The contestants will be judged on the basis of their Technique, Choreography, Synchronization (for Duets and Groups), Costume, Stage Presence and Musicality.
DISTINCTIONS AND PRIZES
- Every participant shall receive a Participation Certificate.
- The winners of each category (1st, 2nd and 3rd price) win: a. Medal (Gold, Silver or Bronze) from Oriental Expression Awards, b. Signed Certification by all the Judges and c. Special Present with Oriental Expression Awards logo.
- 1st price for all categories wins: 1 gold statuette of distinction
- The Gold Winner in the Professional Category “Bellydance Star of the Year 2020” will be awarded an HORORARY JUDGE status. That means that he/she will earn a seat on the Judges Panel of the 6th Spring International Bellydance Competition which will be held in 2021.
THE PRESENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Participation at 5th Spring International Bellydance Competition
Adults & Teens Solo: 25 €
Kids (up to 11 years old): 20 euro
Groups (of more than 2 people): 15 euro
* To join additional categories add 15 euro per category(Includes entry to the Mega Oriental Show)* Viewers’ entrance for the Competition and the following Winners Parade: 10 euro* Viewers’ entrance for the Competition and the Mega Oriental Show : 15 euro
Information – Registrations:
Artistic Studio Oriental Expression – Oriental Expression Awards
Antiopis 31, Aghios Dimitrios – Dafni Metro Station (Agios Dimitrios – Striggari Exit)
Tel / Fax: +30 210 9735 888 – Mob: +30 699 711 6407 – +30 699 255 3320
www.orientalexpressionawards.gr – email@example.com