7th International Bollywood Dance Competition
Saturday, 2nd July 2022
Dora Stratou Theatre
“Oriental Expression Awards” organizes the 7th International Bollywood Dance Competition. This competition will take place in the “8th Bollywood and Multicultural Dance Festival”, which will be held in Athens on July 1st – 3, 2022. The Competition is open to Dancers of all levels (Beginners, Advanced and Professional) from Greece and Abroad. Ms. Anna Dimitratou is the President of the Committee, alongside with internationally acclaimed teachers and dancers.
Participations are accepted ONLY via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) until Sunday 5th June 2022.
BOLLYWOOD DANCE CATEGORIES (ALL STYLES)
A. SOLO CATEGORY
Bollywood Kid Star of the Year 2022
Bollywood Teen Star of the Year 2022
Bollywood Rising Star of the Year 2022
Bollywood Star of the Year 2022
B. GROUP CATEGORY
Bollywood Group of the Year 2022
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Time limit:
2 minutes (Kids, Teens and Rising Star)
3 minutes (Professional level)
3,30 minutes (Group category)
- Contestants are judged on the basis of their Technique, Choreography, Synchronization (for group category), Stage Presence and Musicality (for solo category).
- Performance: All contestants will perform in a random order on their own music. The track must be send until 12th June 2022 the latest, at email@example.com. Contestants should also carry an extra CD or USB with their music for Back-up.
- Contestants must arrive at the Theater by 18:00 the latest.
- In Group Categories there can be an age exception for only one participant
- Participation of the teacher/choreographer is not allowed in the Group Category
- Participants are responsible for their personal belongings.
THE JUDGES PANEL
The Committee consists of well-known dignitaries and famous teachers, choreographers and dance experts:
- ANNA DIMITRATOU (Panel's President): Founder of “1st Bollywood Dance Academy Greece”, Creative Director of Artistic Studio Oriental Expression, Actress, International Bellydance and Bollywood Teacher, Performer and Choreographer
- SUMON RUDRA: International Teacher, Dancer and Choreographer.
- MICHALIS MICHAILIDIS: (Honorary Judge) Head of the Directorate of Domestic and Foreign Services of the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO)
- ANITA NAGPAL: (Honorary Judge) Attache of Culture of Embassy of India, Athens, Greece
- AMIT PATEL: Professional dancer, choreographer, and teacher living in Fremont, California.
- CAROLINA RUBIO: Choreographer, Teacher and Indian Dances Holistic & Creative Dancer, living in Barcelona, Spain.
- VINATHA SREERAMKUMAR: Post doctoral scientist, student at IE, professional dancer and choreographer from India, living in Spain.
- KINGA MALEC: Classical Indian Dance Kathak, Bollywood and Bhangra Teacher and Dancer from Poland.
- LAVESH PRITMANI: Professional dancer, choreographer, and Bhangra Teacher, starter of the independent Bhangra movement in the North Carolina.
- SNEHA MISTRI: Teacher, choreographer, singer, dancer and presenter of radio and television based in Madrid, Spain. She has trained in Indian classical dance Bharatanatyam, Contemporary dance, Street Dance and Jazz
- ALEXA DES BOLLY DEEWANI (France): Founder of Bolly Deewani Cultural Organization, organizing workshops, shows and various cultural events regarding India
- VALENTINI MOSHOU: Bollywood Dance Teacher, Dancer and Choreographer located in Athens, Greece.
- Every participant shall receive a participation certificate.
- Winners for all categories (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) win:
a. A Medal (Gold, Silver or Bronze) from the Oriental Expression Awards
b. A certification signed by all the members of the Judges Panel
c. A bag with the Oriental Expression Awards logo
- 1st place winners shall also receive a trophy from Oriental Expression Awards.
- The Award Ceremony is facilitated before Saturday’s Mega Show.
- The Results of the Competition as well as the detailed scores for each participant will be uploaded at orientalexpressionawards.gr and also at www.bollywoodfestival.gr.
- A personal code will be sent to each participant by e-mail, along with the Certificate of Participation. Each participant will use the unique personal code in order to identify his/her rank amongst the other participants.